There are lots of details you might want to know about. Scroll through our collection of most frequently asked questions below and click on a question to see the answer.  If there’s something else you’d like to know, please click here to contact us.

You can also check out our Library page for the Student Handbook and other useful documents, or click here to follow our links to industry associations and other useful websites.

What is Vibrational Healing?

Vibrational Healing is a term that covers many different forms of energy healing, through which the human energy field (also known as the aura) is repaired, strengthened and returned to a state of balance.

The College offers courses in a wide range of energy healing modalities, including Reiki, Chiron Healing®, Kinergetics, Body & Soul, Essences of the Ancient Civilisations (R), Gem and flower essences, and a number of other kinesiology and energy healing modalities.

Is the College registered?

We are no longer registered with ASQA (Australian Skills Qualification Authority) as we have chosen to offer more cost-effective industry-accredited qualifications and short courses.  We can however arrange for you to enrol or upgrade your ACVH studies with an ASQA Registered Training Organisation if you wish,

Our range of courses is continually being expanded to include additional courses in business management, energy healing and complementary health.

Are the courses accredited?

The following qualifications are accredited with the relevant industry associations,  Upgrades to equivalent government-registered qualifications can be arranged if you wish.

  • Kinesiology Practitioner Certificate
  • Advanced Kinesiology Certificate
  • Certificate in Relaxation Massage
  • Certificate in Energy Healing (Reiki, Sekhem or Therapeutic Touch)
  • Diploma of Energy Healing (Chiron Healing® 

All of our in-house courses in Kinesiology, Reiki, Sekhem, Therapeutic Touch and Chiron Healing® meet the practitioner requirements with relevant industry associations.  See our Links page for industry associations.

Where is the College located?

Our head office and main training facility is at 79 Rooks Rd, Mitcham Victoria (parking available in Owen Street).  We arrange kinesiology and energy healing classes with interstate trainers as necessary, and all of the health practitioner classes can be completed by facilitated home study.

Can I do the course with you if I live interstate?

Yes, we accept interstate enrolments, and will be happy to suggest local trainers for the practical components of your course.

Which Energy Healing streams can I study?

The Diploma of Energy Healing is currently available for Chiron Healing®;  other modalities will be added late next year.  You may choose from one of the following streams in our industry-accredited Certificate in Energy Healing.  

  • Kinesiology (Kinergetics and Body & Soul)
  • Chiron Healing® 
  • Reiki
  • Sekhem
  • Therapeutic Touch

The Certificate and Diploma courses can be upgraded to a government registered qualification if you wish; we will be happy to advise on a suitable RTO. 

What is Kinesiology?

Kinesiology is a bio-feedback system that uses muscle monitoring to identify and correct imbalances and clear blockages that cause pain and ill health.  See our Kinesiology page for more details and course information.

Do you still offer the Diploma of Kinesiology?

Yes, we offer our own industry-accredited Diploma package which can be upgraded to HLT52415 Diploma of Kinesiology through a suitable RTO if you wish.  The cost of our industry-accredited package is significantly less than the government accredited Diploma; we will be happy to discuss costs with you.

Is it true that the Certificate IV in Kinesiology has been withdrawn?

Yes, the Certificate IV in Kinesiology was withdrawn in December 2015, and is now included in the new HLT52415 Diploma of Kinesiology.  HLT42807 and HLT42812 are still valid although additional study will be necessary if you want to enrol in the new Diploma as most units have been upgraded.  ACVH offers cost-effective upgrades, and can arrange a Statement of Attainment through a suitable RTO. 

The other great news is that we have registered our own government accredited Certificate IV in Energy Healing Kinesiology, as well as industry-accredited Practitioner certificate and Advanced Practitioner certificates in Kinesiology.  All of these options meet the requirements for practitioner registration with the Kinesiology associations.   You may study the government accredited qualification 10410NAT through a suitable RTO with ACVH co-ordinating your studies, or take the more cost-effective industry-accredited option with ACVH. 


How long does it take to complete a Diploma course?

Our timetable is structured so that you complete our Diploma course within three years, including the Certificate course which takes 12-18 months and must be completed first.  Our flexible study plans help you fit your studies into the other parts of your life.

Do I need to finish the Cert IV in Kinesiology before I can do the Diploma course?

No, the Certificate IV in Kinesiology is no longer a prerequisite for the Diploma course, as it was withdrawn in December 2015.  

If you have already completed your Certificate IV in Kinesiology you will receive credits towards your Diploma.   You will also be eligible for professional indemnity insurance once you have completed the Certificate IV in Kinesiology or our ACVH equivalent, so you can start earning an income while you study your Diploma.


Can I do the course over a longer period?

Yes, you can take as long as you need to complete your qualification.  Additional administration costs are incurred for delayed studies, therefore subject extension fees apply if target dates are not met, and annual re-enrolment fees are charged for extended enrolments.

Can I study some subjects at home?

Yes, all of our health practitioner subjects are designed for home study, which are supported by tutorials and a home study facilitator.   The practical Kinesiology and Massage subjects must be done on campus.

Am I able to do one or two of the home study units? How much would that cost?

Yes you can.  The cost varies from one unit to another, and it’s a little more than our packaged price because we save administration time on packaged enrolments.   If you would like an accurate cost please contact us and our staff will be happy to help.

What happens if I have already done similar subjects elsewhere?

We will be happy to help you identify whether your past training and experience meets the requirements for Recognition of Prior Learning in selected units.  Please note that the effort involved in preparing your RPL portfolio can be time-consuming, and depending on your work experience, it may be worth enrolling in the subject.   Check out our RPL Page.

Am I eligible for government funding?

We can arrange enrolment with an RTO authorised to offer government funding to eligible students.  If you live in Victoria, are an Australian or NZ resident, and do not have an equivalent or higher qualification to the course you wish to enrol in, you may be eligible. Click here for to check your eligibility and contact us for more information, we will be happy to discuss your specific situation.

Can I get Austudy?

Provided you meet the Centrelink criteria, you can enrol with an approved Registered Training Organisation to claim Austudy.  All the nationally accredited courses are eligible for Austudy claims, and we will be happy to recommend a suitable RTO. 

I have a Health Care card and I am on a disability pension. Can I get further financial assistance?

ACVH do not offer pensioner discounts, however if you have a Pensioner or Health Care Card and you are eligible for government funding, you may receive a significant discount as well as your Skills Victoria funding subsidy through a Registered Training Organisation.  We will be happy to advise on suitable RTOs.  

If you on a Job Seeker allowance you will need to ask your Job Agency for extra financial  support for your study instead.   

Do you offer VET Fee help?

Unfortunately we’re not able to offer VET Fee Help, which  is a government loan that allows you to pay back the cost of your studies once you are working.  As an alternative, we do offer payment plans so that you can pay as you study and avoid the long term debt.

What payment terms are available?

You may pay for your course in up to four installments at no additional cost.   Alternatively,  you can pay for each subject as you go.  A fee of $50 per subject enrollment applies.  

Do you teach Touch for Health as part of your Kinesiology qualifications?

We recognise Touch for Health as a kinesiology stream within the Certificate or Diploma of Kinesiology, and can arrange classes with accredited teachers.  As an alternative, our Body & Soul “Everyday kinesiology” series offers a great set of skills to keep yourself and your family healthy, as well as supporting your clients.

Do you take international students?

Students from overseas who are living in Australia may enrol in our industry-accredited programs, however those with a student visa should enrol with government Registered Training Organisation.  We will be happy to recommend a suitable RTO.

People who are living overseas are most welcome to enrol for facilitated home study, however the practical subjects must be attended on-campus.

What does the RTO administration fee cover?

The RTO administration fee contributes to the running costs of maintaining RTO registration to enable your government accredited certificate to be issued.  This includes RTO registration fees, administration costs, compliance and audit costs, course upgrades, student records and financial administration.  ACVH marketing and enrolment costs are covered by your subject administration fees.

What are the subject administration fees?

The subject administration fee covers our marketing, enrolment, financial management and course upgrade costs.  Your subject fees cover the cost of your course manuals, study guides and all tuition fees relating to that specific subject.

Are there any additional fees or charges?

The quoted course fees include all in-house course manuals, enrolment fees and registration fees.  Additional fees apply for late payment of course fees, changes to study plans and subject extensions.  Additional costs also apply for external supervision or mentoring for some Diploma subjects.

What is the Health Training Package?

The Health Training Package is one of many nationally accredited training packages. It defines competency standards for a range of health industry qualifications.  Search for HLT15 on for details.